Associate Catholic Chaplain to the University of Lancaster
Based at the Chaplaincy Centre, Lancaster University (Employer: RC Diocese of Lancaster)
Part-time role (term-time only), flexible hours, 12 hours per week at £9 per hour, with live-in accommodation for the year. Post requires an enhanced DBS check.
· To assist in gathering the Catholic community from among the students and staff of Lancaster University, to facilitate worship and practice of the faith, and to help them grow in their Catholic faith & identity.
· As an associate member of the ecumenical & multi-faith chaplaincy team, to provide pastoral care as well as opportunities for spiritual, intellectual and personal growth and flourishing for students and members of staff, and promoting a welcoming, hospitable environment within the university.
· Excellent skills in communication and administration, including social media.
· Imaginative & creative approach to sharing the Catholic faith in a university context.
· Experience of working with young people.
· A Degree or equivalent qualification from Higher Education College.
Application by covering letter & CV, sent to Catholic Chaplain, Chaplaincy Centre, University of Lancaster, Bailrigg, Lancaster LA1 4YW. Please include the contact details of two people who are willing to write a reference for you. Deadline Wednesday 8 August, with interview on Wednesday 15 August, and work to begin in September 2018, subject to references and DBS clearance.