Arriving at University can be a daunting time. But everyone is in the same boat, and there are many events through the first week, just to help you get settled and involved, and meeting all sorts of new people. It's quite a thought to think that some of the people that you will meet will become lifelong friends, and remain with you through thick and thin through your time at Lancaster and beyond.
We hope that you will meet many people and make good friendships through the Chaplaincy Centre. This is a place of encounter where people of all backgrounds and all religions and none are welcome. Fr Philip (the Catholic Chaplain) works with all the other chaplains at the University to help students and staff to get settled in and to get the most out of their time at the University, living life to the full.
Here are some of the events that we have organised for this first week:
- 12-2pm on Monday 2 October. Soup in the Chaplaincy Centre Cafe. Free lunch (soup and roll) served in Alexandra Square.
- 6pm-7.30pm on Tuesday 3 October. Multi-Faith Meal (again Free) in the Chaplaincy Centre Cafe, with a time for welcome and prayer beforehand at 5.30pm for those who would like to join us.
- 3pm-4.30pm on Wednesday 4 October. Afternoon tea & scones, quintessentially English!
- 8pm Pub Quiz on Wednesday 4 October in the Chaplaincy Centre Concourse
- 11am-4pm on Thursday 5 October. The Chaplaincy Centre will be at the Freshers Fair. Look out also for CathSoc - our student Catholic Society for Catholic students (and anyone else who is interested).
- 8-10pm on Saturday 7 October. A Ceilidh (pronounced kay-lee), Scottish Dancing, in the Chaplaincy Centre with live band. Don't worry if you don't know the moves, just shake a leg and arm around and you are half way there!
You are welcome to come to all or none of these events, or even to just part of them. You can be sure of good food, free food, and cheerful company. On top of that, you can come to the Catholic Flat at any time if you have any questions or just want to come and have a coffee.